I’m a lecturer at Utrecht University trying to figure out the meaning of language, and the meaning of life in my spare time. Last year I defended my PhD thesis which you can find here. You can find out more about my research projects and other interests under the ‘Research’ tab above. This page also contains a list of papers and publications.
Apart from this, I sporadically blog about things that interest/move/amuse/anger me – including but not limited to social justice, food, art, feminism, religion and my latest unfinished sewing projects.
- Empirical Methods in Formal Semantics 2016/2017 (MA Linguistics, block 1)
- Semantiek 2015/2016 (with Yoad Winter and Rogier Wuijts)
- Linguistic Modelling and Experimentation 2015/2016
- Inleiding Taalkunde 2015/2016 (with Rick Nouwen)
- Methods in AI Research 2015/2016 (with Brigitta Keij and many others)
- Semantics and Pragmatics: variation and interpretation (with Rick Nouwen)
- Inleiding Taalkunde 2014/2015 (with Rick Nouwen and Michael Moortgat)
- …and many more
I’m editor-in-chief (together with Albert Joosse) of Radix, a Dutch academic journal exploring issues at the crossroads of academia, society and religion. Publiceren in Radix? Neem contact op!